Are you aged 16-24, receiving Universal Credit and looking to take your first steps into the world of HR?
Rethink Group are pleased to present this 6-month HR placement, in conjunction with the UK Government’s Kickstart scheme. This placement will give you an insight into the wonderful world of HR and the experience you need to launch your career as a HR professional.
As a People Team Administrator, you will be instrumental to the smooth-running of the People function, and to ensuring that the operational needs of the business are met. You will work with a small team covering generalist HR, Learning and Development and Talent Acquisition and will provide support at all stages of the employee lifecycle. You will collaborate with the Head of People and People Advisor, as well as other colleagues across the business. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate initiative, exceptional organisational skills and a drive to learn, while gaining exposure to all aspects of HR and being supported in your development as an HR professional.
What you’ll do
- Maintenance of the People Team intranet site
- Collating training materials from colleagues
- Supporting the Head of People to create e-learning modules
- Preparing HR-related social media posts
- Supporting with new joiner onboarding activities
- Supporting the People Team with HR projects
- Providing general administrative support to the People Team
What you’ll need to bring:
- A demonstrable interest in building a career within HR
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong IT Literacy Skills with the ability to use Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- A positive proactive mindset
- Ability of handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
What you’ll get:
- Opportunity to takes your first steps into HR
- 1-2-1 coaching from our Head of People
- Support in finding your next role within HR
- Participation in our learning and development activities
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to other employee benefits (e.g. financial wellbeing workshops, discounted gym memberships, etc.)
How to apply
To formally apply, you'll need to speak to your Jobcentre Plus work coach who will be able to run through the specific criteria and help you determine whether or not you are eligible, as well as to see if the Kickstart scheme is right for you. In the meantime, you can register your interest by submitting your CV.
About Rethink Group
Rethink Group is a global recruitment services provider that enables the world’s most forward-thinking companies to surpass their digital transformation goals.
We have offices in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Sydney, New York & Los Angeles. Our offices are spacious, light, modern and have been shortlisted for several workplace awards.
We’re the curious colleagues who see a problem in a new light. We’re part of teams that help each other thrive in their careers and support them when things get tricky. We’re bonded by trust and do our best work in ways that suit us. And we’ll still find some time to have some laughs in between.
Job titles are nice. But our culture nurtures the people behind them.