The Rethink Group Sourcing Centre (GSC) is a critical function within the Rethink Group organisation and supports the various and diverse business lines within the group.
As a Sourcing Team Lead, based in our Centre of Excellence in Manchester, you will initially join us to lead a team supporting either a Client aligned operation or a Client Projects operation. Subject to your team’s alignment, you will be responsible for the Sourcing Strategy on behalf of clients such as Sky, Chelsea FC, Shell, Discovery, Dentsu to name but a few.
The GSC is the engine room where all of the magic happens and your passion for sourcing “wizadry” will be fundamental in supporting our Resourcing Business Partners to deliver excellence to our Clients.
As GSC team lead, you will be championing proactive talent sourcing via your team to influence decisions and deliver talent solutions across Talent Communities & Tribes in areas such as Digital & eCommerce, HR, Engineering, Security & Compliance, Finance & Legal, IT, Sales & Marketing, Creative Design and much much more.
Essentially you will be passionate about candidate engagement and candidate experience. You will be curious of mind and will have a keen interest in emerging markets and the Talent Communities of the future.
As a Sourcing Team Lead, you will manage recruiting, onboarding, mentoring & coaching new members of your team. You will take a key position in partnering with Client Account Managers to develop a robust sourcing strategy and provide core market insights to drive plans of action fit for the client’s future hiring.
You will also oversee the “superuser” of the relevant tools, platforms and systems and will drive improvements throughout the team in developing and enhancing MI data solutions & reporting.
Key Responsibilities – What will you be doing?
- Looking after your Sourcing Specialist Team – Coaching & Development
- Passion for people care, development, training & support is a prime must.
- People team management
- Objective setting, performance management & succession planning
- Develop & drive sourcing performance against internal & external sourcing performance metrics.
- Source type mix, time to shortlist & CV to interview ratio
- Managing workload capacity across your team
- Build effective internal stakeholder relationships with client aligned or projects Account Managers.
- Work with Account Managers to plan against forecasted hiring plans.
- Research a client’s core programmes of work & projects to discuss with your team for future hiring requirements.
- Develop Sourcing Strategy plans in conjunction with your team and their Resource Business Partner stakeholders
- Develop & nurture a sourcing plan of action to build relevant Talent Communities & Pipelines for future hiring requirements.
- Develop a risk assessment plan with your team that may impact any deliverables.
- Be a point of support to your team in addressing and raising any escalation points requiring attention.
- Develop & enhance the reporting suite to demonstrate performance via Data & MI Solutions.
- Support Account Management team with Quarterly Business Reviews from a Sourcing Team perspective
- Shadow Sourcing – Support your team with niche roles requiring delivery.
- Provide feedback on Sourcing tools, platforms & licences required by your team.
Personal Attributes – What is important to you and who you are?
- Unwilling to accept “barriers to access” when it comes to employment opportunities for all……including the pink unicorn who might have a physical impairment of some nature who only has ever worked on Mars and doesn’t eat meat and speaks only one language and who might identify as a purple flying dragon and who might not “fit” someone else’s idea of a good culture.
- Enthusiastic about building a team of experts in the sourcing arena
- Pro Sourcing wizardry and SourceCon Grandmaster Hall of Fame
- Resilient when faced with challenging scenarios.
- Solutions orientated – identifying the problem is the easy bit!
- “Never say never – nothing is impossible” approach.
- Motivated by “finding the unfindable”.
- Curious about employment trends, industry news and emerging markets
- Determined to engage in and win the “war for talent”.
- Passionate about the candidate experience – legitimately & genuinely
Skills & Experience we would like to hear more about:
- Team Lead experience
- Workload distribution & capacity management
- Performance management
- MI & Data analysis
- Reporting suite build
- Candidate / Skills market mapping & analysis
- Employer / Competitor market mapping & analysis
- Professional “headhunting”
- Data-driven analysis & insights.
- Sourcing Strategy creation
- Competency-based screening & interviewing.
- Sourcing Channel selection, deployment & utilisation
- Targeted advertising & campaign management
- Boolean logic & search methodology
- Social Media attraction & alternative sourcing techniques
- LinkedIn Recruiter Professional projects expertise
- Effective Job Board utilisation
- Web Source Mining
- Referral programme networking
- Open-Source Tool utilisation
- Inclusive engagement strategic planning
- “People” behavioural analysis
- Alumni programme networking
- Use of multiple ATS & CRM systems
- Advanced Sourcing methodologies
- Intelligent Sourcing & Network Development via Forums / Podcasts / Communities
Soft Skills Required:
- Seek exclusivity with candidates where possible building trusting, lasting relationships.
- Research client’s core programmes of work to present to candidates when required, creating a level of trust and expertise when advising candidates.
- Lead first stage face to face, telephone or Teams interviews with candidates using competency-based questions.
- Create an understanding of candidates’ career goals and key drivers for their next role.
- Able to confidently take a candidate reference when required.
- Ability to influence, control and sell to passive candidates and situations.
A Place for Everyone
We believe diversity drives innovation and for that reason we strongly encourage those from all backgrounds to apply for roles across the Rethink Group brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and aim to build a workforce that is truly representative of all sections of society, our clients, and the communities in which we operate. We encourage equality and inclusivity in our workplace by committing to an environment in which each employee feels respected and able to give their best.
If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please speak with the hiring team who will be happy to support you.
If you have a preferred pronoun, please feel free to highlight this during the process (e.g. she/her, he/him, they/them, etc.).
We understand that all our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds so across Rethink Group we offer a flexible benefits package to all our employees to suit their personal and lifestyle choices. From our enhanced family leave policies, flexible working, generous annual leave, health, and wellbeing programs and many more, we are committed to supporting every employee throughout their career with us.