The Rethink Group is one of a few international recruitment groups in the marketplace with RPO, MSP and embedded offerings, as well as a contingent recruitment business. To run such a diverse business and successfully partner with the impressive clients that we do, we need to ensure we have streamlined compliant credit control processes.
Rethink Group is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Credit Controller to join their prospering organisation & finance team based in Manchester
Rethink Group thoroughly challenges the recruitment, talent management and technology services status quo to transform businesses into higher performing organisations. This is the core idea that sits at the heart of our brand. It is what sets us apart, the thing that makes us special and different and it is the promise that we seek to deliver in everything we say and do. Our Group vision is to create long-term value for all stakeholders and clients by pushing the possibilities of our service; by innovating both process and product; by making the business a great place to work for all our people; and by partnering and acquiring like-minded organisations
Scope of Job Role:
As a Credit Controller, you will be responsible for multiple companies in the organisation working within a team and reporting to the Credit Manager. You will work on your own initiative and scrutinise your aged debtor, ensuring that any outstanding payments on the sales ledger are recovered at the earliest opportunity to ensure monthly targets are achieved/exceeded. You will build rapport with both external & internal customers; ensuring relationships are sustained and developed to ensure payment efficiency. You will have frequent liaison with other teams within the Finance department and assist wherever possible. You will contribute to monthly and ad hoc meetings with management to discuss progress and problematic clients and escalate where necessary.
- Collecting payment from commercial clients within credit terms
- Monitoring debts to identify and prioritise appropriate action to collect payment
- Timely posting of all sales ledger transactions
- Constant maintenance and monitoring of all ledger entries to ensure accuracy of information
- Confidently dealing with email and telephone queries
- Completing other ad hoc duties as required by the Credit Manager
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ credit control experience in a similar role
- Confident and professional telephone manner
- Organised with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- The ability to build effective relationships with both clients and internally
- Ability to work in a proactive manner independently, and effectively
- The ability to meet deadlines/targets
- Microsoft Excel experience required to a very good standard
- A minimum of 4 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English
Curious: Our people love to learn and their curious DNA powers the continuous evolution of our services
Collaborative: We are strong allies with a shared collective vision to achieve excellence in everything that we do
Quality: We take pride in developing tailored services that solve problems to deliver real value to our clients
Trusted: Trust is earned through confidence in our commitment to doing the right thing, all the time, for all involved.
Fun: We inspire an inclusive culture where our people feel happy and fulfilled, which results in better services for our clients & candidates
A Place for Everyone
We believe diversity drives innovation and for that reason we strongly encourage those from all backgrounds to apply for roles across the Rethink Group brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and aim to build a workforce that is truly representative of all sections of society, our clients, and the communities in which we operate. We encourage equality and inclusivity in our workplace by committing to an environment in which each employee feels respected and able to give their best.
If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please speak with the hiring team who will be happy to support you.
If you have a preferred pronoun, please feel free to highlight this during the process (e.g. she/her, he/him, they/them, etc.).
We understand that all our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds so across Rethink Group we offer a flexible benefits package to all our employees to suit their personal and lifestyle choices. From our enhanced family leave policies, flexible working, generous annual leave, health, and wellbeing programs and many more, we are committed to supporting every employee throughout their career with us.