Who are we and what are we looking for?
Group Operations is a critical corporate function within the Rethink Group organisation and supports the various and diverse business lines and its wider customer base within our business. As our business and our Client Operations grow at a rapid pace, the areas of Governance, Risk & Compliance are required to grow also. Our function’s mission statement is to “protect against risk” and ensure that all parties that engage with Rethink, do so with a high degree of confidence in its professionalism and approach.
You will work closely with the Group Director | Operations and the wider Senior Leadership Team to strengthen the Governance, Risk and Compliance function across the Rethink Group.
You will also work alongside the Operations Compliance Manager & team to ensure that contractual commitments are reflected in the day-to-day approval processes.
We are keen to add to our team with an individual who is looking to grow their own career in line with our organisation’s expansion plans. You will be ambitious, determined and focussed and ready to take that next step in broadening your portfolio of skills in partnership with a business agile enough to afford the opportunity.
Key Responsibilities – What will you be doing?
We are looking for an individual who is confident in managing the contractual compliance space including:
- Owning the contractual compliance framework
- Reviewing contract amends requested by Clients & Contractors against a risk framework
- Liaising with external legal counsel as and when required
- Monitoring spend with external legal counsel and reducing unnecessary spend
- Working with Recruitment Delivery Managers to agree process change against contractual commitments
- Working with the operational compliance team to ensure that compliance checks accurately reflect all contractual terms
- Escalating potential non-compliant areas of the business and advise on required actions
- Building appropriate audit schedules against contractual commitments
- Proactively reviewing compliance procedures & processes, making recommendations for process improvements
- Project planning against new client implementations & new system integrations
- Supporting the wider business in reviewing all 3rd party supplier contracts
- Tracking contractual risk and supporting the Group Director | Operations with the Risk Register and subsequent action plans.
- Reviewing any potential legal claims to be brought against the business, complete initial investigation and recommend appropriate courses of action
- Keeping up with legislation changes and industry updates
- Reviewing newsletters, whitepapers, attending webinars/seminars
- Communicate any changes to legislation, processes, or frameworks, ensuring the team is fully trained and that any additional impact is understood and highlighted to the business
Personal Attributes – What’s important to you and who you are?
You will likely be an individual who believes that if a job is worth doing it’s worth doing properly.
You will have strong attention to detail, and you will be able to conduct root cause analysis in a nano-second or two. You will also possess strong problem-solving skills and even if you alone do not have all the answers, you will understand how to quickly find those answers and engage with the appropriate colleagues and stakeholders to identify a solution.
You will be a resourceful & self-motivated individual and given the ever-changing environment of legislative compliance you will have an ongoing willingness and thirst to learn.
You will have a strong drive to minimise and mitigate organisational risk and a degree of resilience to overcome often complex business challenges to achieve collective goals.
As someone who believes that “Prevention is better than Cure” you will be passionate about supporting the effective delivery of compliance inductions & training to all employees.
Skills & Experience we would like to hear more about:
Experience in the recruitment solutions sector is highly desirable although if your compliance expertise has been gained from having worked closely alongside an internal talent acquisition or HR team this would certainly be of interest.
Experience of reviewing contractual documentation & identifying risks of both an operational and a commercial nature.
Experience in governing compliance via auditing processes and building monthly & quarterly reports to reflect the organisation’s own health check status and that of its customer base.
A degree of first-hand knowledge/experience in the following areas will be required from the outset to apply for the role:
- Right to Work in the UK
- The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations
- Supply Chain responsibilities – Umbrella Companies / Payroll Partners / 2nd Tier Suppliers / 3rd Party partnerships
As our business expands, any experience of geographies outside of the UK and their relative legislative requirements would be beneficial and additory to our existing functional experience.
As always, a substantial degree of proficiency with all Microsoft packages including Outlook, Excel, Word and Visio will be welcomed.
And finally, as always, an excellent level of verbal and written communication skills will be required as will be the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels internally and externally.
A Place for Everyone
We believe diversity drives innovation and for that reason we strongly encourage those from all backgrounds to apply for roles across the Rethink Group brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and aim to build a workforce that is truly representative of all sections of society, our clients, and the communities in which we operate. We encourage equality and inclusivity in our workplace by committing to an environment in which each employee feels respected and able to give their best.
If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please speak with the hiring team who will be happy to support you.
If you have a preferred pronoun, please feel free to highlight this during the process (e.g. she/her, he/him, they/them, etc.).
We understand that all our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds so across Rethink Group we offer a flexible benefits package to all our employees to suit their personal and lifestyle choices. From our enhanced family leave policies, flexible working, generous annual leave, health, and wellbeing programs and many more, we are committed to supporting every employee throughout their career with us.